Sunday, November 20, 2016

Thanksgiving

As Thanksgiving 2016 gets closer, I've been reflecting on the past year.  The past two years, actually.  A lot has happened, some good, some not so good.  I would like to think that I've grown as I've made some self-discovery but I'm not so sure about that.  What I have done, though, is be able to think about things a lot more clearly than I would have in the past, and that allowed me to really see and reflect on things that I knew weren't good for me in the past.  I'm not around some people anymore that I realized were a big cause of tension and stress.  I think I knew it years ago but now I'm sure because I don't have that tension and stress anymore.  Not that I never get stressed or have tension from time to time, it's just not that particular tension and stress. 

Normally I would be able to crochet away while reflecting on things but this past year and a half I was unable to do that.  Oh I did manage to do a couple of small projects and I did start a bigger, albeit still small, project back in September that is intended as a Christmas present for my 2-year-old granddaughter.  I haven't finished it yet as I still lose my interest from time to time.  As I feel myself coming out of this - whatever this is, I do find myself looking forward to picking up my hook and yarn while I'm at work.  I hope the upcoming New Year will be a turning point for me...and my stash.

So for now, onward and upward.  The best is yet to come.

Until next time, keep on hooking.

Terri

No comments: