Monday, November 23, 2009

The time to give Thanks is almost upon us

Actually we should be thankful for all we have more than one day a year.  I know I am.  But this one day of Thanksgiving is especially more significant because we can all stop and think about everything that has gone on in our lives the past year and be really thankful. 

This year I'm thankful for my husband's health.  Kevin was in the emergency room almost two years ago.  His health is so much better this year even though he still has some bad days.  At least his bad days are much less this year than this past year.  He is the love of my life and I don't know what I would do without him.

I'm thankful for my oldest daughter, Jennifer, and her family.  She is due to give birth to her third daughter in January.  So that will make me a grandma of three beautiful granddaughters.  Nothing like three granddaughters to keep you young at heart.  My son-in-law, Alex, was injured during his second tour of Iraq with the U.S. Army and I am very thankful he didn't lose a limb or worse, his life. 

I'm thankful that my son, Paul, came back from two tours with the U.S. Army unharmed.  He just turned 22 and I feel that now he should be able to get his life started in the direction he wants to go.  He knows what he wants and knows what he needs to do to get there.  Although his friends from high school are almost finished with college he is just starting.  I feel that he has experienced more and learned more from the Army so that he will appreciate college more.

I'm thankful for my youngest daughter, Bethanie.  She is a freshman in high school this year and is hoping to make the dance team.  She is interested in photo journalism and wants to be an actress.  I am thankful for her sunny disposition and she makes us laugh. 

I am thankful for my dad and step-mother, Eleanor.  They have been so helpful to me during these trying times when I didn't know what was happening with Kevin, especially when he spent a week in the hospital with a poison creeping up one side of his face and swelling his eye shut.  No matter what else was going on they have always been there for me, for us, offering their support. 

And last but not least - I suppose I'm thankful for Louie the Doxieshire.  He does make me laugh at his antics and squirrel chasing.  He can be asleep in his house (dog crate) but whenever somebody, namely me, gets on the couch with an afghan or blanket he's right there ready to get under it before I can even situate myself.  I am now making him his own afghan for his pillow so he can burrow under it. 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!!!

Until next time, keep on hooking.

Terri

2 comments:

Nanette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nanette said...

I apologize for my very rude comment yesterday. It was unlike me to make it and I hope you can forgive me. Nan