Thursday, September 08, 2011

Roses and Hooking

Did everyone have a good Labor Day?  I did.  In fact it was mine and Kevin's 13th wedding anniversary.  Here is what he got me (notice the bottle of chocolate syrup?):


The roses have bloomed open and are really pretty.  I love the red and white combination. 

Today I decided to take a break from the bigger crochet projects I'm working on (the Special Olympic scarfs) and do a quickie project.  I love how it turned out:


It's a Boutique Purse and you can find the pattern here.  I'm thinking about making one for each of my three granddaughters and two nieces for Christmas, all between the ages of 2 and 6.  Stuff them with little toys and candies, and it should make a nice extra little gift for them.  I'm also thinking that maybe I should make another one or two with the holiday sparkle yarn for the holiday season (it is just a couple of months away, you know).  But I do need to finish the special project and then make a little something for a baby girl that's due in Janaury and a baby boy (my grandson!) that's also due in January.

Until next time, keep on hooking. 

Terri

 

No comments: